Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Relief Society is SUCH a RELIEF!!!

Shaunika and I

Sister Hertig pushed Jenn and Renee' out of the way to get in on this pic!

Word to yer mutha!





Christmas song quiz #2. I think we need to try #1 next

Wow. Tonight was the best night that I've had in a super long time! Look at me, I'm still up and it's after midnight! Well, not really because of my fun night. I'm usually up till about 11:30ish. Anyhow, tonight we had our Relief Society Christmas dinner at Sister Montgomery's house. We were served with a yummy pear and pomegranate salad and also a chicken dish (with a name that I can't remember,) and some veggies. 

When we arrived, we were given a sheet of Christmas songs and we had to guess the correct names. Instead of saying Silent Night, it said something like Sir Lancelot with laryngitis! Get it, a silent knight!?!?! Lol. We had to decode each one. Shaunika and I started helping each other since it was super hard. We moved on to eat dinner and took our paper with us. We asked the ladies at our table to help us out so that we could be the winners of the imaginary prize that we were hoping to win! There were 8 of us. Myself, Shaunika, Cindy, Rosie, Renee', Marissa, Sasha and Jennifer. We all took turns and between all of us, we answered about 30 of the 36 on the list. We got desperate for the gold, so SOMEONE had the bright idea to pull out a cell phone and search on the internet for assistance. Well, what do you know!!!! The answers in the EXACT order that we needed them were literally at our fingertips! We just double checked our answers......aaaannnddd filled in the few remaining ones that we didn't have. I don't remember the last time that I laughed so hard. It was the funnest quiz ever. We had a blast figuring out the answers. Such as #33 on the list. It read like this: Natal celebration devoid of color, rather albino, as a hallucinatory phenomenon for me. AKA the song title of White Christmas. Shaunika and I were trying to figure this one out before we met up with our groupies! We determined that it meant some white newborns tripping out on drugs.....or something like that!













I can't remember who came up with the idea, but someone suggested doing the duck lip pose with the peace sign being thrown up. So, that's what we did. A house full of about 30+ church going, friendly ladies and a good 10% or more of us were puckering up with what looked to be gang signs. No, not gangnam style dancing.....but maybe that will be at the next event. That's where the above pics came from. Just a bunch of ladies running away from their kids to enjoy a wild night on the town! Lol.
Getting back to the story. After dinner, Monica (Sister Montgomery) talked to us about Christmas. We enjoyed some beautiful music played by Sister Lynn and also by Monica. Kristi sang a beautiful song and the group of us sang together as well. There was a sweet spirit there with us while we talked about our Savior and his birth.

Most of us took a dozen cookies to share, along with our recipe. Mine came out a little crisp around the edges and soft in the middle. They didn't look the greatest! Of course, my first batch is always the worst, but that's all that I had time for before I had to leave. The second batch was a full cookie bar because, of course I realized that the first batch of my cookies always suck, but that was after they were in the oven. So, I pulled the bars out as I was leaving and left them to cool. Those turned out so good. Point of the story- my family (and the kid's teachers tomorrow) got the good stuff! Lol. So we had tons of cookies to munch on for dessert. That's when I started taking pics of everyone. I LOVE having pictures to remember the good times. Just like a journal or a blog, you can look back and  re-live the memories vividly. My memory is awful, so I'm hoping that blogging will help me keep the memories alive.
Later we cleaned up our mess while talking, laughing and even crying! I am so blessed to belong to a church where we have an organization that supports women! It is such a blessing to have these sister to talk to and share memories with. They're just like my family, but whiter! Lol.

It's late. I'm tired. I hear snoring and my stomach rumbling. Time to go to bed.

Night all. See what happened tonight when you gave a mom a cookie......or 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment