Sunday, January 13, 2013

Why do I cry so much?!?!?!

I can't even breathe! I have the worst hay fever, year round allergies, ever!!! For as long as I can remember, I've had horrible allergies. If I'm not blowing my nose from allergies, it's from being sick. For the past 10 years since I've had kids, I get sick so easily! If I'm not blowing my nose from allergies or being sick, it's from crying! I am such an emotional person. I cry at church when I feel the Spirit, I cry when I watch movies, I cry when I hear sad stories, I cry when I'm happy, etc. Tonight we watched Hachi, A Dog's Tale, and as usual I couldn't stop crying! The boys are so used to it by now. They always say, "Mom, are you crying AGAIN????" Lol.

In church today, our teacher played a movie showing what happened when Jesus Christ was beaten and crucified. Of course, I couldn't stop crying while I was watching it. Good thing I carry an entire box of tissue with me! A few people have told me over the years that crying and being emotional/sensitive to things like the Spirit of the Holy Ghost is a gift. I think I've heard it called the gift of weeping?? Anyways, sometimes it's irritating and kind of embarrassing, especially when I'm sobbing and other people are around. Usually it's in church and a beautiful song can set me off like a faucet! I LOVE music, especially church music where you can feel the Spirit and you can feel closer to our Savior. I can't sing AT ALL, but I sing at church! Sorry in advance if you have to sit next to me!!

I think the Christmas feeling is still with me. It's my favorite time of the year. Christmas lights and a tree. Hot chocolate, watching movies on the couch, caroling, gift giving, family time, doing service for others and especially remembering our Savior Jesus Christ in everything that we do. I've been thinking a lot lately about how blessed we are. I see homeless people and wonder how they got there, where their families are, etc. I tell the boys all of the time that we are so blessed to have a car that runs and takes us places when so many people are walking. We have a warm house and blankets to  keep us cozy while others are sleeping in freezing temperatures. I remind them about the kids who don't have families and are in group/foster homes, or the ones that are being "taken care of" by people that don't really care about them.

Working at a school, I'm surrounded by kids all day long. I see them with their parents, with their friends and by themselves. I see kids going to school without jackets when it's freezing cold outside. I see kids looking sad and lonely. I hear stories that make me love and appreciate my kids so much more. I also see kids laughing and playing and it makes me want to be with my boys. It's funny how much I miss them and want to be with them when they're away from me. I pick them up and automatically feel ok, normal, complete. And then the arguing begins! Lol.

I guess I'm just so grateful for what I have and I know it's all because of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and also for our Father in Heaven. Everything I have, I have because of them. Even the trials that I've been through in life have changed me for the better. They've caused me to learn and grow and become a stronger person, as much as it didn't seem like it at the time! Maybe Sundays are the days that I tend to blog more because I have so many great feelings from going to church. I'm there and just want to go home and change the world! Lol. Then I get home and the kids are fighting and I'm yelling and life goes back to normal.

If anyone wants to go to church with us, the invitation is ALWAYS open. This year, we meet at 9am at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building. The address is 1432 Laurel Rd. in Oakley. Call me, text me, message me or just show up! There is no obligation to get baptized! I promise!!! Lol. I'm sure that you'll enjoy being there. What do you have to lose but a little bit of your time? Your kids will love visiting our Primary and you'll love our Sunday School and Relief Society.

Here's Jesus Christ knocking on your door. Are you going to answer and let him in?????
Join me!





I've gotta go so I can snuggle with the kids before bed time. We are all off tomorrow so we're staying up a little late tonight.

Good night everyone! Don't forget to count your blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment